Question of Palestine home
11 January 1988
SUMMARY STATEMENT BY THE SECRETARY-GENERAL
ON MATTERS OF WHICH THE SECURITY COUNCIL IS SEIZED
AND ON THE STAGE REACHED IN THEIR CONSIDERATION
1. Pursuant to rule 11 of the provisional rules of procedure of the Security Council, the Secretary-General wishes to submit hereunder the list of items of which the Security Council is seized, with references in parentheses to the previous summary statements that have been issued covering consideration of each item.
2. It will be recalled that in the interest of economy the Secretary-General reproduces only once annually the full, up-to-date list of items of which the Security Council is seized. In fulfilment of his responsibility under rule 11, an addendum to the basic list is issued weekly, making reference to those items on which further action has been taken by the Council during the week covered or indicating that there has been no change during that period.
3. The last full summary statement (S/18570) was issued on 8 January 1987. The last weekly addendum (S/18570/Add.51) covered developments through 26 December 1987. Since that date, that is during the week ending 2 January 1988, the Security Council took no action on any of the items listed therein.
4. As at 1 January 1988, the list of matters of which the Security Council is seized is as follows:
9. The Palestine question (see S/7382, S/7441, S/7452, S/7564, S/7570, S/7596 and S/7600)
The situation in the Middle East
(see S/7913, S/7923, S/7976, S/8000, S/8048, S/8066, S/8215, S/8242, S/8252, S/8269, S/8502, S/8525, S/8534, S/8564, S/8575, S/8584, S/8595, S/8747, S/8753, S/8807, S/8815, S/8828, S/8836, S/8885, S/8896, S/8960, S/9123, S/9135, S/9319, S/9382, S/9395, S/9406, S/9427 and Corr.1, S/9449, S/9452, S/9805, S/9812, S/9930, S/10327, S/10341, S/10554, S/10557, S/10703, S/10721, S/10729, S/10743, S/10770/Add.4, S/10855/Add.15, S/10855/Add.16, S/10855/Add.23, S/10855/Add.24, S/10855/Add.29, S/10855/Add.30, S/10855/Add.33, S/10855/Add.41, S/10855/Add.43, S/10855/Add.44, S/11185/Add.14, S/11185/Add.15, S/11185/Add.16, S/11185/Add.21, S/11185/Add.42/Rev.1, S/11185/Add.47, S/11593/Add.15, S/11593/Add.21, S/11593/Add.29, S/11593/Add.42, S/11593/Add.49, S/11935/Add.21, S/11935/Add.42, S/11935/Add.48, S/12269/Add.12, S/12269/Add.13, S/12269/Add.21, S/12269/Add.42, S/12269/Add.48, S/12520/Add.10, S/12520/Add.11, S/12520/Add.17, S/12520/Add.21, S/12520/Add.37, S/12520/Add.39, S/12520/Add.42, S/12520/Add.47, S/12520/Add.48, S/13033/Add.2, S/13033/Add.16, S/13033/Add.19, S/13033/Add.41, S/13033/Add.23, S/13033/Add.34, S/13033/Add.47, S/13033/Add.50, S/13737/Add.15, S/13737/Add.16, S/13737/Add.21, S/13737/Add.24, S/13737/Add.25, S/13737/Add.26, S/13737/Add.33, S/13737/Add.47, S/13737/Add.50, S/14326/Add.10, S/14326/Add.11, S/14326/Add.20, S/14326/Add.24, S/14326/Add.28, S/14326/Add.29, S/14326/Add.47, S/14326/Add.50, S/14840/Add.8, S/14840/Add.21, S/14840/Add.22, S/14840/Add.23, S/14840/Add.24, S/14840/Add.25, S/14840/Add.27, S/14840/Add.30, S/14840/Add.31, S/14840/Add.32, S/14840/Add.33, S/14840/Add.37, S/14840/Add.42, S/14840/Add.48, S/15560/Add.1, S/15560/Add.21, S/15560/Add.29. S/15560/Add.37, S/15560/Add.42, S/15560/Add.45, 8/15560/Add.47, S/15560/Add.48, S/16270/Add.6, S/16270/Add.8, S/16270/Add.15, S/16270/Add.20. S/16270/Add.21, S/16270/Add.34, S/16270/Add.35, S/16270/Add.40. S/16270/Add.47, S/16880/Add.8, S/16880/Add.9,S/16880/Add.10, S/16880/Add.15, S/16880/Add.20, S/16880/Add.21, S/16880/Add.41, S/16880/Add.46, S/17725/Add.29, S/17725/Add.15, S/17725/Add.21, S/17725/Add.28, S/17725/Add.35, S/17725/Add.37, S/17725/Add.38, S/17725/Add.43, S/17725/Add.47, S/18570/Add.2, S/18570/Add.21, S/18570/Add.30 and S/18570/Add.47)
The situation in the occupied Arab territories
(see S/11935/Add.18, S/11935/Add.19, S/11935/Add.20, S/11935/Add.21, S/11935/Add.44, S/11935/Add.45, S/13033/Add.9, S/13033/Add.10, S/13033/Add.11, S/13033/Add.28, S/13737/Add.7, S/13737/Add.8, S/13737/Add.18, S/13737/Add.20, S/13737/Add.22, S/13737/Add.50, S/14326/Add.50, S/14840/Add.1, S/14840/Add.2, S/14840/Add.3, S/14840/Add.4, S/14840/Add.12, S/14840/Add.13, S/14840/Add.15, S/14840/Add.16, S/14840/Add.45, S/15560/Add.6, S/15560/Add.7, S/15560/Add.20, S/15560/Add.30, S/15560/Add.31, S/16880/Add.36, S/17725/Add.3, S/17725/Add.4, S/17725/Add.48, S/17725/Add.49, S/18570/Add.49, S/18570/Add.50 and S/18570/Add.51)
86. The question of the exercise by the Palestinian people of its inalienable rights (see S/11935/Add.23, S/11935/Add.24, S/11935/Add.25, S/11935/Add.26, S/12269/Add.43, S/13033/Add.25, S/13033/Add.29, S/13033/Add.33, S/13737/Add.13, S/13737/Add.14 and S/13737/Add.17)