Follow UNISPAL Twitter RSS
1. Increased ground and air activity was reported throughout the Israel-Lebanon sector between 1709 hours GMT on 6 July and 0757 hours GMT on 7 July.
2. Intermittent artillery, mortar and automatic-weapons fire and flares, pall by Israel forces, were reported by Outstation Naqpura (AMR 1629-2805) 1/ and all the UNTSO observation posts during this period.
3. OP Khiam (AMR 2071-3025) reported an exchange of automatic-weapons fire between Israel forces and unidentified forces south of the OP between 1855 and 1920 hours GMT. United Nations military observers were unable to determine which forces initiated the fire.
4. Outstation Naqpura reported an exchange of fire involving Israel forces naval gunfire and unidentified forces automatic-weapons fire in the general area of Rachidiye (AMR 1703-2932) between 2300 and 2330 hours GMT on 6 July and Israel forces naval gunfire between 0019 and 0117 hours GMT on 7 July in the same area.
5. A complaint was received from the Lebanese authorities stating that on the night of 6-7 July between 2300 and 0240 hours GMT Israel forces warships and jet aircraft attacked with automatic weapons, rocket and naval gunfire and bombs Lebanese territory in the vicinity of Rachidiye, El Bourghliye (AMR 1728-3018), Andaazziye (AMR 1716-2871), causing casualties and material damage.
6. The complaint was confirmed for the portion concerning Israel forces naval gunfire, except for casualties and material damage (see para. 4 above).OP Mar (AMR 1998-2921) reported explosions heard in the direction of El Bourghliye between 0112 and 0126 GMT on 7 July. Outstation Naqpura and OP Lab (AMR 1643-2772) reported sounds of jet aircraft flying from south to north followed by 21 heavy explosions in the Rachidiye area between 0219 and 0245 GMT on the same day. These reports by OP Mar, Outstation Naqpura and OP Lab may be related to the complaint.