Of note this week
· The IDF killed four Palestinians, including one Hamas member, and injured three others during a military operation east of Al Bureij Camp (Johr Ed-Dik area, Central Gaza).
· The IDF carried out four land levelling operations in the Gaza Strip, during which it uprooted 100 dunums of olive trees east of Al Bureij Camp, among others.
· 27 Qassam rockets and 29 mortar shells were fired towards Israel, including 20 mortars towards Kerem Shalom crossing, seven Qassams towards Sderot, and two Qassams and nine mortars towards IDF Kissufim military base. In addition, nine mortars were fired at IDF tanks in Johr ad Dik area east of Al Bureij Camp.
· The ESF arrested ten Fatah members from Gaza City and Al Bureij Camp.
· 25 September: Israel declared the Gaza Strip a "hostile territory" and announced that it would reduce its fuel and power supplies to the Gaza Strip in response to rocket attacks by Palestinian factions. Following the declaration, one of Israel's biggest commercial banks announced the halt of transactions with Palestinian banks in the Gaza Strip.
· The IDF killed one 38-year-old Palestinian man (Nablus) and injured 21 others (15 males and one woman in Nablus, four males in Ramallah, and one woman in Jerusalem). Israeli settlers injured six Palestinians, including a 52-year-old woman.
· 21 – 22 September: Israel imposed a general closure on the West Bank due to the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur. All Palestinians, including holders of valid permits, were prevented from passing through all the checkpoints leading to East Jerusalem and Israel.
· In two separate operations, the IDF demolished one building and two houses in ‘Ein Beit el Ma Camp (Camp No. 1, Nablus) as well as one building in the Old City of Nablus, thereby displacing 77 people, including 23 children.
· During the reporting period, PA-affiliated institutions in Bethlehem Governorate heightened their campaign to clamp down on Hamas-linked individuals and institutions; among other actions, Preventive Security officers prevented shopkeepers in Bethlehem Governorate from displaying boxes used to collect donations on behalf of the Society of Orphans under the pretext that the Society is illegal.
· 100 flying checkpoints, 91 IDF search and arrest campaigns, and 145 arrests were reported.