Question of Palestine home
1 November 1990
Agenda item 3
CREDENTIALS OF REPRESENTATIVES TO THE FORTY-FIFTH SESSION
OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Letter dated 1 November 1990 from the Permanent Representative of
Lebanon to the United Nations addressed to the Secretary-General
In my capacity as Chairman of the Arab Group for the month of November 1990, I have the honor to transmit herewith a letter from the members of the Group objecting to the credentials of Israel's delegation to the forty-fifth session of the General Assembly.
I should be grateful if you would have this letter circulated as an official document of the General Assembly, under agenda item 3 (b).
) Khalil MAKKAWI
of the Lebanese Republic to the
Chairman of the Arab
We, the undersigned, have the honor to draw your attention to our objecti
to the credentials of Israel's delegation to the forty-fifth session of the Uni
Nations General Assembly, on the following grounds:
1. Israel's failure to comply with Security Council resolutions relating to Lebanon, the question of Palestine, the situation in the Middle East and relate topics, thereby violating Article 25 of the Charter;
2. Israel's failure to implement General Assembly resolutions relating to the question of Palestine and the situation in the Middle East. Those resolutions that the Palestinian people be enabled to exercise its inalienable rights, including the right to return, the right to self-determination and the right to establish its own independent State in Palestine. They also urge that the Isra
occupation of Arab territories must be ended, in accordance with the principle whereby land may not be acquired by force, and that Israel must therefore with
from all territories occupied since 1967, including Jerusalem and the Syrian Ar
3. Israel's failure to comply with General Assembly resolutions relating to various other agenda items deriving from those concerning Palestine and the situation in the Middle East;
4. Israel's continued occupation of parts of Lebanese territory and persisten
refusal to implement Security Council resolution 425 (1978) of 19 March 1978;
5. Israel's violation of human rights in the occupied Palestinian territory a other occupied Arab territories, including Jerusalem, and particularly its violation of the provisions of the fourth Geneva Convention of 12 August 1949. In this connection, we refer in particular to the escalation of Israeli repression against the Palestinian Arab people in the occupied Palestinian territory and against the population of the other occupied Arab territories, including the expulsion of Arab citizens from those territories, since the beginning of the uprising against the Israeli occupation;
6. Israel's continued annexation of Palestinian territory and other occupied territories, including Jerusalem and the Syrian Golan, thereby violating the provisions of the Charter of the United Nations and the norms of international law;
7. Israel's continued aggression against Arab States and extension of such aggression to include Lebanon, Iraq and Tunisia;
8. Israel's continued co-operation with the racist régime in South Africa, particularly in the nuclear and economic fields;
9. The issuance in occupied Jerusalem of credentials for the Israeli delegation to the forty-fifth session of the General Assembly, in violation of Security Council resolutions, and particularly of resolution 478 (1980), and of related General Assembly resolutions, especially resolution 35/169 E of 15 December 1980.
I request that you have this letter circulated as a document of the General Assembly.
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Syrian Arab Republic
United Arab Emirates