• Approval rates for patients' permits drop: 70.9% of 1,944 patient applications submitted for permits to exit Gaza through Erez checkpoint for hospital appointments in April were approved. 146 patients (7.5%), including three children and five elderly persons over 60 years, were denied; 420 patients (21.6%), including 120 children and 47 elderly people over 60, received no response to their applications (Palestinian District Liaison office in Gaza).
• High number of patients requested for security interview (GSS): 106 patients, among them 49 females, were requested for GSS interviews during April (page 7).
• Approval rates for patient companions' permit applications drop to 6 in 10 (page 5).
• A patient arrested in GSS interview at Erez (page 7).
• Restricted access to humanitarian workers through Erez (page 8). Rafah
• No access to Egypt during April: According to Palestinian officials at Rafah terminal, the Rafah border terminal was closed totally during the month. No medical delegates or medical aid entered Gaza through Egypt during the month.
Ministry of Health Referrals in April
• Ministry of Health referred 1,905 patients in April to outside care with an estimated cost of NIS 8,349,514. The top 5 needed procedures for Gaza patients were in oncology, hematology, heart catheterization, ophthalmology, and pediatrics.