COMMITTEE ON JERUSALEM
LIST OF STATEMENTS SUBMITTED BY REPRESENTATIVES OF RELIGIOUS BODIES
TO THE UNITED NATIONS SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON PALESTINE,
Note by the Secretariat.
The following list is circulated for the information of Members of the Committee. The material listed will be made available by the Secretariat upon request.
II. WRITTEN STATEMENTS
Presented to UNSCOP
by religious dignitaries and bodies
2. Catholic Near East Welfare Association — Memorandum on Catholic religious interests in Palestine (With list of Catholic activities in Palestine) June 1947.
3. Heads of Catholics of different Rites — Memorandum on Catholic rights in Palestine, submitted by the Latin Patriarch, and by representatives of the Armenian, Greek, Syrian Catholic Churches, and of the Maronite Church.
4. Church of England in Jerusalem — Memorandum by the Anglican Bishop in Jerusalem, submitted to the Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry (March 1946) and re-submitted to UNSCOP, June 1947.
5. Church of England and Church of Scotland in Jerusalem — Memorandum on the Christian case in Palestine; submitted jointly by the Anglican Bishop and Moderator of the Church of Scotland June 1947.
6. Church of Scotland in Jerusalem — Communication from the Moderator of the Church of Scotland concerning internationalization of Palestine as a religious centre, July 1947.
7. Consul General of France — memorandum on French religious and educational institutions. June 1947.
8. Coptic Orthodox Patriarch in Jerusalem — Communication on religious interests in Palestine, July 1947.
9. Custody of Terra Sancta —
(a) Memorandum on religious interests in Palestine, July 1947;
(b) List of Christian Holy Places in Palestine, July 1947.
10. Greek Orthodox Patriarchate —
(a) Memorandum submitted by the Greek Archdiocese of North and South America, June 1947;
(b) Memorandum submitted by, the Chief Secretary of the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate (with List of Holy Places), July 1947
1. Agudath Israel World Organization — Memorandum, June 1947. (See especially Section B. “The Historical Connection of the Jewish People with Palestine”).
Document in PDF format