• In April, Erez crossing between Gaza and Israel was open for 24 out of 25 scheduled days.
• The number of crossings during April decreased by 11% compared to the monthly average recorded since the beginning of 2016.
• The crossing is accessible only to Israeli issued permit holders, primarily medical and other humanitarian cases, merchants, and aid workers.
• UN Gaza staff permit approval rates have continuously decreased since the beginning of this year.
*The ﬁgures reﬂect number of times people crossed, but not the actual number of people crossing.
• Rafah crossing between Gaza and Egypt was closed during the whole month of April.
• The crossing has been closed since 24 October 2014, except for 42 days.
• There are at least 30,000 Palestinians registered and waiting to leave Gaza via Rafah, including approximately 9,500 medical cases and 2,700 students.
• Prior to the closure, a monthly average of 4,000 people crossed Rafah for health-related reasons.