Follow UNISPAL Twitter RSS
I should be grateful if you would have the text of this letter and its annex circulated as a document of the General Assembly, under agenda items 40 and 41, and of the Security Council.
Nobody can tolerate violence, the suffering of populations or hatred between peoples.
The negotiations must resume. The European Union considers the following essential in this connection:
– full and immediate compliance with the undertakings which they entered into at Sharm el-Sheikh and Gaza;
– concrete gestures by both parties, with respect, inter alia, to the renunciation of violence and, as regards Israel, the settlements issue;
– the establishment of a mechanism for confidence-building measures;
– the commencement of work on the spot by the Fact-Finding Commission, in which Mr. Solana, Secretary-General/High Representative for the common foreign and security policy (CFSP), will take part;
– an agreement on the setting up of an observer mission.