ENTRY OF GOODS
• Kerem Shalom operated on 21 out of 27* scheduled days, allowing the entry of 9,241 truckloads of goods. Closed for one day due to Jewish holiday.
• The volume of imports this month increased by 7%, compared to the monthly average since the beginning of 2016.
• Rafah commercial crossing opened on two days, allowing 150 truckloads of construction materials to enter Gaza.
• On 23 May, Israeli authorities lifted the ban on the entry of cement for the private sector in Gaza, imposed since 03 April.
• 18% of the truckloads that entered in May were designated for humanitarian aid agencies.
• 5,207 of the truckloads carried construction materials,
constituting the largest category of imports (50%). These included 1,012 truckloads of materials entered via the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism (GRM), defined by Israel as 'dual use' items.
• Karni, Sufa and Nahal Oz crossings with Israel remained closed.
* Kerem Shalom crossing is open Sunday - Friday.