Follow UNISPAL Twitter RSS
78. Ms. Liu Guiming (China) ...
80. China affirmed that the right to self-determination was an important and inalienable right, and that all peoples living under foreign occupation had the right to fight for their sovereignty, independence and dignity. Therefore, it supported the Palestinian people in their tireless struggle for self-determination and called upon the international community to redouble its efforts to find a comprehensive and just settlement of the Palestinian question and establish sustainable peace and stability in the Middle East.
81. Ms. Pérez Álvarez (Cuba) ...
86. Cuba called for the immediate withdrawal of Israeli forces from all the occupied Palestinian territories, including the Syrian Golan, and supported the right of Puerto Rico to self-determination.
87. Cuba also requested that such terrorists as Mr. Carriles be duly prosecuted and that the five Cuban political prisoners who were heroes of the fight against terrorism be released from American prisons.
The meeting rose at 1.10 p.m.
This record is subject to correction. Corrections should be sent under the signature of a member of the delegation concerned within one week of the date of publication to the Chief of the Official Records Editing Section, room DC2-750, 2 United Nations Plaza, and incorporated in a copy of the record.
Corrections will be issued after the end of the session, in a separate corrigendum for each Committee.