• In March, Erez crossing between Gaza and Israel was open for 27 out of 27 scheduled days.
• The number of crossings during March was around the monthly average recorded since the beginning of 2016.
• The crossing is accessible only to Israeli issued permit holders, primarily medical and other humanitarian cases, merchants, and aid workers.
• UN Gaza staff permit approval rates have continuously decreased since the beginning of this year.
• Rafah crossing between Gaza and Egypt was closed during the whole month of March.
• The crossing has been closed since 24 October 2014, except for 42 days.
• There are at least 30,000 Palestinians registered as humanitarian cases waiting to leave Gaza via Rafah.
• Prior to the closure, a monthly average of 4,000 people crossed Rafah for health-related reasons.