Key developments in the last six days3:
• An increasing number of children have been killed in recent days including seven children from one family this morning, Wednesday, aged 4, 7, 9, 12, 13, 15 and 16 years. Their mother and their father were also killed in the same IAF air strike on their home in Sheikh Radwan area of Gaza City.
• The IDF conducted an incursion into the middle areas of the Gaza Strip in the early hours of 12 July and are holding positions westwards up to Salah ed Din street.
• The IDF has withdrawn from At Tatra (west of Beit Lahia, northern Gaza Strip), Karni Industrial Estate (Karni crossing) and around Gaza International Airport and Rafah and Sufa crossings (south east Gaza Strip).
• Karni has been closed for six days (since 7 July). Kerem Shalom, Sufa and Rafah crossings remain closed since 25 June. UNRWA estimates that approximately 578 people are currently trapped on the Egyptian side of Rafah terminal waiting to enter the Gaza Strip.
• Nahal Oz energy pipelines remain open for the fourth consecutive day for the import of fuel.
• The Gaza Municipality has run out of fuel for its fleet of vehicles and no garbage has been collected since 9 July. Piles of rotting debris can be seen on streets throughout Gaza City and there are concerns about a public health crisis if the garbage is not collected.