2. Incidents involving ambulances and medical teams
Denial of access: 0 incidents
Delay (1 - 4 hrs.): 4 incidents
Harassment/Abuse of medical crew: 1 incident
Shooting/Damage to Ambulance: 3 incidents
Curfew was imposed on Husan village in Bethlehem District during the house demolition of the suicide bomber responsible for the attack in Jerusalem. Husan village has been under curfew since 22 February. This has drastically reduced the movement of residents in the village itself but also for those coming from Nahalin and Battir, for which Husan provides the gateway to the rest of the District. Emergency medical supplies have been delivered to the local health facility but concerns are mounting in the western area of the district as solid waste remains uncollected: this has serious health
4. House demolitions/Demolition Orders
• 27 February: in a large scale IDF military operation, 120 shops were destroyed at the Palestinian side of Erez crossing. This action was taken on the grounds that the shops were concealing a tunnel from which an attack was launched the previous day killing an IDF soldier.
• 27 February: The IDF returned to Jbara and verbally instructed the two refugee families to vacate their houses within a week. Demolition orders were received September 2003.
• 27 February: IDF handed three orders to stop the construction of houses in the old town of al Khadr, Bethlehem district because of lack of a permit.