RESOLUTION N. 5/31-IBO
ON THE COMMITMENT TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF PRINCIPLES AND PROVISIONS OF THE ISLAMIC BOYCOTT OF ISRAEL
The Thirty-first Session of the Islamic Conference of Foreign Ministers, held in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey (Session of Progress and Global Harmony), from 26 to 28 Rabiul Thani 1425H (14-16 June 2004),
Proceeding from the Principles and Objectives of the Charter of the Organization of the Islamic Conference,
Affirming the principle of strengthening Islamic solidarity with the Palestinian people and their blessed Intifada (uprising), recognizing their cause as the foremost of all Islamic causes,
Recognizing that the boycott of Israel is an effective and legitimate method and a national sovereign right exercised by Islamic countries against Israel to project their national interests and defend just Islamic causes,
Bearing in mind the constructive cooperation and continuous coordination between the Arab and Islamic boycott offices,
Recalling resolution 5/16-adopted by the 16th Islamic Conference of Foreign Ministers, held at Fez, Kingdom of Morocco from 6 to 10 January 1986, which inter alia adopted the unified Islamic code for the boycott of Israel together with the general principles of the boycott,
Pursuant to all relevant Islamic resolutions, particularly resolution 65/29 adopted by the 29th Islamic Conference of Foreign Ministers, held in Khartoum from 25 to 27 June 2002,
1. Invites Member States to commit themselves to the implementation of the provisions of the Islamic boycott of Israel; to regard as part of their national laws in force legislations, statues and by-laws of the boycott action (The General Principles of Boycott, the Islamic Code the International Regulations of Regional Offices and their regular meeting);
2. Invites Member States who have yet to establish regional offices of Islamic boycott in their countries to do so; and to appoint for those offices directors to be designated as liaison officers who shall liaise with the head office of the Islamic boycott at the General Secretariat;
3. Emphasizes on boycott offices in Arab countries as de jure Sub Islamic Offices and their directors as liaising officers lasing with the principal Islamic boycott office;
4. Decides the continuation of holding regular conferences of liaisons officers on Israeli boycott affairs in Islamic countries to be convened by the Islamic boycott office at the General Secretariats of the Organization of the Islamic Conference;
5. Commends the existing cooperation between the Arab and Islamic boycott offices with a view to achieving the utmost effectiveness of the provisions of the boycott of Israel in Islamic countries;
6. Approves the recommendations issued from the meeting of the officials in charge of the Boycott of Israel in Islamic States which was held at the OIC General Secretariat’s headquarters in Jeddah on 15 and 16 March 2003.
7. Requests the Secretary General to follow up the implementation of this resolution and report thereon to the 32nd Session of the Islamic Conference of Foreign Ministers.