2. Incidents involving ambulances and medical teams
Denial of access: 5 incidents
Delay (40 min - 7 hrs.): 8 incidents
Curfews were reported in the following locations: Balata refugee camp and Beit Furik (3 days), Nablus, Nablus Old City, and Jaba (2 days), Jammain, Kaf ad Dik, Kafr Malik and Hebron H2 (1 day), Deir Ghassana and Beit Rima (few hours).
4. House demolitions/Demolition Orders
Demolished: 7 houses and 1 2-storey house
Partially demolished: 1 4-storey house
- Tulkarm/Qalqiliya governorates:
• Flying checkpoints were erected in various places during the period 24-28 December closing all entrances to Tulkarm following the bus-stop bomb in Tel Aviv on 25 December. Access was only allowed for teachers, students and medical staff. Qalqilya district however remained open during the reporting week.
• Trucks bringing supplies through Baqa Ash Sharqiya gate continue to encounter delays, as the truck drivers are demanded to unload the trucks for checks.
• 25 December: Following the military order that was signed on 11 December by General Moshe Kaplinsky, a huge sign has been erected in front of Kafriat checkpoint informing Israeli citizens that they are no longer allowed to cross the checkpoint into Tulkarm governorate for “security reasons”. The restriction also applies to Taybeh checkpoint through which only specific groups (officials and medical staff) are allowed with prior co-ordination with the Israeli DCL. The number of Palestinians residing in Israel who enter Tulkarem for shopping dropped over the past couple of weeks with an average of 50-60 per day against 200-300 per day before the Intifada.
• Last week, it was reported on a new observed trend in Tulkarem district where teachers, medical staff and suppliers were occasionally requested green permits when crossing the various Wall gates. Tulkarm DCL office confirmed that these groups of people are not required to obtain green permits and there are no plans to introduce this procedure.
• As reported previously, the following agricultural gates remained closed during the week: Qalqilya south, Zeita south, Attil, Salman, Isla, Jayyous south and Izbat Jalud.
• Construction of the Wall between Zeita and Qaffin through Nazlat Issa is in the final stages of completion.