Follow UNISPAL Twitter RSS
Written statement* submitted by the Khiam Rehabilitation Center for Victims of Torture, a non-governmental organization in special consultative status
The Secretary-General has received the following written statement which is circulated in accordance with Economic and Social Council resolution 1996/31.
* This written statement is issued, unedited, in the language(s) received from the submitting nongovernmental organization(s).
For an International Court for Gaza
Since the seventh of July 2014, Israel escalates its aggression on humans and trees and stone in the Gaza Strip, was excessively brutal daily its crimes against unarmed civilians and committed war crimes against humanity. Which caused so far in the killing of more than 2,000 civilians, including 470 children and 250 women, and the displacement of more than 500 thousand Palestinians from their homes, and the destruction of thousands of civilian property, including houses and schools (UNRWA), mosques, hospitals, laboratories, ambulances and the targeting of workers and maintenance technicians for water and electricity , and the bombing of water treatment plants, electricity, and wounded about 10,000 different wounds, most of them women and children, the elderly and suffers about 400 000 children from the trauma, they are the categories protected under international humanitarian law, not to mention the environmental disaster, economic and humanitarian cause to 1.0008 million thousand human lives in the Gaza Strip because of the continued power outages for most of the cities and towns of this big prison and the acute shortage of water and the spread of garbage in the streets, except for what was caused by the massive destruction of the bodies of the victims remained under the rubble has not been recovered, and was used by the occupation army of internationally prohibited weapons. Gaza has become a disaster area at all levels.
And ignoring the international community for its legal obligations towards the civilian population, contributes to the promotion of a culture of impunity for grave violations of the rules of international law, and encourages the Israeli occupation forces to commit more crimes as long as you feel immunity against prosecution and punishment, and this is what happened to this day. In addition to it that countries like the United States granted the privileges of the occupier entity using its stockpile of munitions, which allowed him to continue to commit crimes.
Which requires the activation of prosecution and accountability for those who ordered or carried out war crimes committed against Palestinian civilians and their property or silent upon or widely accepted, demanding the establishment of the International Court of Gaza to try the leaders of Israel as war criminals against humanity.
The center regrets that the international community and international organizations and bodies to continue their silence on the continuing crimes of the Israeli occupation and continue the policy of double standards and equality victim & the executioner.
Khiam Rehabilitation Center for Victims of Torture and Aman Network for rehabilitation and defense of human rights and ODVV:
1. Valuation Human Rights Council resolution in the United Nations to form a fact-fmding committee on human rights violations and international humanitarian law in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (dated 23/07/2014) and claim to expedite the formation and the start of work and raising the resolution to the Security Council.
2. Ask the special characteristics and task forces operating under special procedures concerning human rights violations visited Gaza and carry out the investigation and fact-finding, including the occupying entity committed crimes and grave breaches and systematic human rights falling within the jurisdiction of each of them.
3. Emphasize the need for accountability and prosecution of war criminals and the need for States as a whole, particularly the Arab and Islamic countries, to take appropriate measures to activate the universal criminal jurisdiction of the courts in order to prosecute all Israeli officials for the crimes they have committed against the Palestinian people in Gaza, or to have ordered or facilitated her or kept silent about them.
4. Call the Switzerland Government , as Switzerland is the depositary of the four Geneva Conventions, the convening of the Conference of the Parties to New High.
5. Ask the international community to deal with the Gaza Strip as a disaster area humanly and environmentally, economically and healthy, you need quick relief, immediate and at different levels of health and inpatient and necessities of life raw water, electricity, medicine and food, housing, treatment, and others.
6. Demand the United Nations to convene an international conference to support the Palestinian people and support their right not only to lift the siege on the Gaza Strip, but in the freedom, independence and self-determination, including their right to return and establish their independent state in accordance with the resolutions of international legitimacy.
7. We recall that international law gives the Palestinian people under occupation the right to struggle in all available formats in the framework of international law, in order to defend himself and in order to liberate their land and their freedom and independence.
8. Demand the convening of an emergency meeting of the General Assembly of the United Nations to condemn and stop the Israeli aggression on the Palestinian people, after the failure of the Security Council for his role in the conviction and stop the aggression and the Israeli war crimes.
9 We demand the development of grass-roots campaign to impose international sanctions and boycott of Israel as an apartheid state and the state committed war crimes and aggression to become an international campaign official and popular at the same time until the end of the Israeli occupation and the end of the apartheid regime in Israel.
The participants in the 27th session of the UN Human Rights Council, demanding to move quickly to support the Palestinian people and work for the establishment of the International Court of Gaza to try Israeli leaders as war criminals against humanity.