1. The Government of Japan welcomes the ceasefire agreement between Israel and the Palestinian Militants, and also expresses respect for meditation efforts by Egypt.
2. The Government of Japan has been making following proposal to the international community so that the ceasefire agreement will lead to a lasting ceasefire and stabilization of the Gaza Strip.
(*) Ceasefire agreement proposed by Egypt in 2012, Palestinian National Reconciliation Agreement proposed by Egypt in 2009, Chapter 2 of the Israeli-Palestinian Interim Agreement on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip in 1995
2. All parties concerned should discuss their concrete steps without any pre-conditions.
3. The Ceasefire should lead to the resumption of the Middle East peace talks and the stabilization of the entire Middle East.
4. The international community should render its support to the stabilization of Gaza and its people after a lasting ceasefire is achieved.