|Still to be achieved:|
· 285 homes and 15 government buildings for UNDP (before 15 June 09)
· 301 buildings in IDP “camps” for UNRWA
· A further 2 assessments of sites containing 39 homes for CHF
· Various other small-scale rubble-removal assessments for NGOs
It is expected that up to 9000 rubble removal workers and supervisors/team leaders will receive “rubble removal & UXO safety” trainings.
Of 198 buildings assessed to date:
· 10% have been classified as “high-risk”. An EOD team will thus assist the site supervisor to devise clearance plans, and be present on the site during some or all of the rubble removal process.
· 39% are medium risk. An EOD team will be on-site or available at 60mins notice.
· EOD teams will remain on stand-by to respond to reports of UXO discovered in the rubble of destroyed/damaged buildings.
· Assessment and clearance of agricultural lands (12,000 Hectares destroyed, extensive bombing of equipment and irrigation systems
· Approximately 300 tunnel houses requiring checking for UXO
· EOD support to other livelihoods and reconstruction projects as requested
· Investigation of close to 100 impact holes suspected to contain UXO (including excavation