Question of Palestine home
12 June 2008
Summary statement by the Secretary-General on matters of which the Security Council is seized and on the stage reached in their consideration
Pursuant to rule 11 of the provisional rules of procedure of the Security Council, the Secretary-General wishes to submit the list of items of which the Security Council is currently seized. The last full list of items (S/2008/10/Add.17) was issued on 7 May 2008. The last weekly addendum (S/2008/10/Add.21) covered developments up to 31 May 2008.
As the present addendum is the first to be issued in June 2008, it contains a full, updated list of items of which the Security Council is seized, indicating the date on which each item was first taken up by the Council at a formal meeting, and the date of the most recent formal Council meeting held on that item.
Pursuant to the note by the President of the Security Council dated 19 December 2007 (S/2007/749).
1. The Palestine question (9 December 1947; 25 November 1966).
7. The situation in the Middle East (18 July 1960; 2 June 2008).
11. Arrangements for the proposed Peace Conference on the Middle East (15 December 1973; 15 December 1973).
15. The Middle East problem, including the Palestinian question (12 January 1976; 11 October 1985).
16. The situation in the occupied Arab territories (4 May 1976; 13 July 1998).
17. The question of the exercise by the Palestinian people of its inalienable rights (9 June 1976; 30 April 1980).
50. The situation in the Middle East, including the Palestinian question (3 October 2000; 28 May 2008).
Set out below are the items on which the Security Council took action during the week ending 7 June 2008. The dates given for each item indicate when the item was first taken up by the Council at a formal meeting, and the most recent formal Council meeting held on that item.
The situation in the Middle East
(18 July 1960; 2 June 2008)
The Security Council resumed its consideration of the item at its 5901st meeting, held on 2 June 2008. The Council, under rule 37 of its provisional rules of procedure, invited the representative of Lebanon, at his request, to participate in the consideration of the item without the right to vote. The Council proceeded to vote on draft resolution S/2008/349, submitted by France, and adopted it unanimously as resolution 1815 (2008).