Question of Palestine home
27 May 1967
LETTER DATED 27 MAY 1967 FROM THE PERMANENT REPRESENTATIVE OF THE UNITED ARAB REPUBLIC ADDRESSED TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE SECURITY COUNCIL
Upon instructions from my Government, I have the honour to request formally the inclusion of the following item on the present agenda of the Security Council:
“Israeli aggressive policy, its repeated aggression threatening peace and security in the Middle East and endangering international peace and security.”
The following are but few illustrations of continued Israeli aggressive policy:
1. The Israel aggression against Om Rashrash (on the Red Sea) on 10 March 1949 and its annexation despite the adoption of the Security Council resolution on cease-fire and of the signature of the General Armistice Agreement.
2. The Israeli armed aggression against the demilitarized
of El Ouga and its occupation by force in violation of the Egyptian-Israeli Armistice Agreement, the expulsion of the United Nations observers, the lowering of the United Nations flag and the expulsion by force of its original inhabitants, i.e., the Palestinian Azazma tribes.
3. Ben Gurion's declaration that the Egyptian-Israeli Armistice Agreement is "dead and buried" after the Israeli aggression in 1956.
4. The repeated Israeli armed aggression against Jordan and its recent aggression on the village of El Samouh.
5. The Israeli attempts to change the international status of Jerusalem in violation of the resolutions of the United Nations.
6. The Israeli aggression against the water projects in Syria utilizing Israeli Air Force.
7. The repeated Israeli aggression on the demilitarized zones specified in the Syrian-Israeli General Armistice Agreement.
8. The continued Israeli threat and the recent Israeli mobilization of its forces during the current month of May in preparation for the invasion of Syria as confirmed in the report of the Secretary-General to the Security Council on 19 May 1967, document 5/7896.
I shall be grateful if necessary steps are taken to have the above item considered urgently because it clearly shows the dangerous situation which has been brought about by Israelis continued violation of the United Nations Charter and the General Armistice Agreements, thus threatening international peace and security.
Please, accept, etc.
),M. EL KONY
MOBARED AWAD EL KONY
Permanent Representative of the
United Arab Republic to the
* *** *
Complete document in PDF format