Question of Palestine home
20 June 1967
Supplementary information received by the Secretary-General
1. The Chief of Staff of UNTSO reports that during the period ending at 1000 hours GMT on 20 June the situation has remained quiet except for the incidents reported in the following paragraphs.
2. General Bull reports that he received, at 2016 hours GMT on 19 June, the following report from the Officer-in-Charge Tiberias:
"Between 1500 GMT and 1700 GMT Israeli truck with four or five soldiers crossed twice and back to village at MR 2310-2730."
General Bull comments that this village (Bir Aajam) is approximately 1500 metres east of the Israel forward defended localities. The Chairman of the Israel-Syria Mixed Armistice Commission in Damascus requested, in reference to the above quoted message, action from the senior Israel delegate to ensure that Israel forces do not move forward of the cease-fire line.
3. General Bull reports that he received at 0920 hours GMT on 20 June the
following report from the Officer-in-Charge Tiberias:
"At 0810 GMT two Israeli APCs, one truck three jeeps and approximately thirty soldiers crossed the cease-fire line along the road and went to approximately MR 2305-2735."
General Bull comments that the area referred to in this report is the same as that referred to in paragraph 2 above.
4. General Bull received at 0940 hours GMT on 20 June the following message from the Officer-in-Charge Tiberias:
"Report received from OP 4 at 0609 GMT. Local area Commander reported last night that Syrian troops have taken positions approximately 1000 metres north of line points 16 to 17 also 1000 metres south-east of line points 17 to 18. Local Commander advises that if Syrian troops advance further than 500 metres to the Forward Defended Localities he will open fire. OP 4 has observed troops at approximately MR 23600-26520 but not in the south-east."
General Bull comments that this area is in the vicinity of Rafid and that he will advise as soon as possible what action has been taken.
5. At 1645 hours GMT on 20 June General Bull reported that he had received a further message from the Officer-in-Charge Tiberias in relation to the movement reported in paragraph 3 above as follows:
"Israel troops still east of Forward Defended Localities at approximately MR 2305-2735. Trucks with troops have crossed and re-crossed Forward Defended Localities twice during last hour."