Follow UNISPAL Twitter RSS
Agenda item 32: Questions relating to information (continued)
The meeting was called to order at 3.25 p.m.
Agenda item 32: Questions relating to information (continued) (A/63/21 and A/63/258)
1. Mr. Al-Zayani (Bahrain) ...
3. Finally, he called on the Department to continue its special information programme on Palestine until such time as a just solution to the question of Palestine was found.
4. Mr. Badji (Senegal) ...
6. While welcoming the various efforts made, in connection with the sixtieth anniversary of United Nations peacekeeping operations, to disseminate more accurate information about such operations, his delegation regretted the omission of the question of Palestine from the report of the Secretary-General. He urged the Department to intensify its efforts to implement its special information programme on the question of Palestine and invited all delegations to support, unconditionally, all recommendations and decisions regarding the Department’s information programmes on that question.
8. Mr. Hosseini (Islamic Republic of Iran) ...
9. While it appreciated the efforts made by the Department to publicize the work of the United Nations on a variety of issues, his delegation was of the view that the emergence of new issues should not distract attention from earlier issues of extreme importance such as that of Palestine. Continued effort by all United Nations bodies, especially the Department, to address all aspects of the question of Palestine should remain a top priority.
The meeting rose at 5.10 p.m.
This record is subject to correction. Corrections should be sent under the signature of a member of the delegation concerned within one week of the date of publication to the Chief of the Official Records Editing Section, room DC2-750, 2 United Nations Plaza, and incorporated in a copy of the record.
Corrections will be issued after the end of the session, in a separate corrigendum for each Committee.