Rapporteur: Mr. Diego Simancas (Mexico)
1. At its 28th and 29th meetings, on 11 December 2006, the Fifth Committee, pursuant to rule 153 of the rules of procedure of the General Assembly, considered the statement submitted by the Secretary-General (A/C.5/61/13) of the programme budget implications of draft resolution A/ES-10/L.20. At the 28th meeting, the Chairman of the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions introduced the related report of that Committee (A/61/614).
2. The statements and comments made in the course of the Fifth Committee’s consideration of this question are reflected in the relevant summary records (A/C.5/61/SR.28 and 29).
3. At the 29th meeting, the Chairman of the Committee orally proposed a draft decision.
4. At the same meeting, a recorded vote was requested on the draft decision.
5. Before the vote on the draft decision, the representative of Israel made a statement.
6. Also at the 29th meeting, the Committee adopted the draft decision by a recorded vote of 116 to 6, with 1 abstention (see para. 8). The voting was as follows:1
Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Australia, Canada, Israel, Nauru, Palau, United States of America.
7. After the adoption of the draft decision, statements in explanation of position were made by the representatives of Japan, Finland (on behalf of the States Members of the United Nations that are members of the European Union), the United States of America, Australia and South Africa (on behalf of the States Members of the United Nations that are members of the Group of 77 and China) (see A/C.5/61/SR.29).