Follow UNISPAL Twitter RSS
I wish to inform you about some of the latest results of the continuous Israeli aggression against Lebanon:
1. The total number of fatalities due to Israel’s aggression against Lebanon rose to 65, and the total number of injured rose to 190.
2. Israeli forces targeted the Damour bridge that connects the southern part of Lebanon with Beirut and the Shouf area, resulting in injury to 17 civilians and the destruction of the bridge for the second time after its restoration by the Lebanese army.
3. The Israeli military frigates bombarded residential areas in the southern suburbs of Beirut.
4. Israeli forces targeted the bridges of Sultan Ibrahim and Sfeir, which link Beirut with its southern suburbs.
5. Israeli forces targeted and destroyed the bridge of Tayr Filsay, which links the southern city of Nabatiyeh with the coastal city of Tyre.
6. Israeli forces targeted and completely destroyed the bridge of Zubeidah, which links the southern city of Nabatiyeh with the area of Iqlim al-Tuffah.
7. Israeli forces forced the inhabitants of the southern town of Aita al-Sha’ab, which is located close to the international border, to evacuate their homes after threatening them with loud speakers.
8. Israeli forces targeted and destroyed for the second time the headquarters of Radio El-Nour in the southern suburbs of Beirut.
9. Israeli forces targeted and destroyed the Al-Mary bridge, which links the village of Al-Mary with the province of Marjayoun.
10. Israeli forces targeted the fuel tanks of the Jiyeh power plant that provide electricity for vast areas of southern Lebanon.
11. Israeli forces targeted the Zahrani bridge, completely destroying an ambulance, killing one civilian and wounding two.
12. Israeli forces targeted for the second time a bridge which links the villages of Kafar Roumann and Arabsalim in southern Lebanon.
13. Israeli airplanes bombarded the main building of the Rafiq al-Hariri International Airport in Beirut after earlier targeting its three main runways and fuel tanks.
14. Israeli forces targeted the bridge of Alwadi Alakhdar, which links several villages in the vicinity of the coastal city of Tyre.
15. Israeli forces targeted the Awali bridge, which links the city of Beirut with the city of Saida.
I would be grateful if you would circulate the present letter as a document of the sixtieth session of the General Assembly, under agenda item 14, and of the Security Council.
Charge d’affaires, a.i.