- A winter storm, characterized by torrential rains strong
winds, low temperatures and snowfall the occupied
Palestinian territory (oPt) between 7 and 10 January.
the loss of, or damage to, residences and agricultural
- Some 12,500 people were negatively impacted by
livelihoods due to flooding and strong winds
destroyed and 650 people were temporarily displaced.
- Some 200 homes were severely damaged or
vulnerabilities stemming from movement, access
- The weather conditions exacerbated pre-existing
and planning restrictions faced by Palestinian
for increased investment in disaster risk reduction,
- This extreme weather event has highlighted the need
preparedness and response capacities of the State of Palestine