· 6 Palestinians were killed and 5 others were injured by the IDF in the Gaza Strip.
· An IDF soldier was killed and 3 others were injured when Islamic Jihad members detonated a roadside bomb under an IDF jeep patrolling the eastern border of the Gaza Strip.
· Following the attack on a Yeshiva (Jewish seminary) in West Jerusalem, armed Palestinians throughout the Gaza Strip took to the streets and opened fire in the air. Throughout these rallies, four injuries from stray bullets were reported.
· Two demonstrations were organised to protest the IDF military operation in the Gaza. Strip. A further demonstration took place protesting against the Israeli siege of Gaza.
· 28 home-made rockets and 35 mortar rounds were fired out of the Gaza Strip at Israel. According to Israeli media reports, one Israeli civilian was injured when a home-made rocket fired from north of Beit Hanoun, hit a building in Sderot. The IAF conducted 1 air-strike during the reporting period.
· 1 Palestinian was killed and 23 others were injured in direct conflict incidents in the West Bank.
· 8 Israelis were killed and 9 others were injured when a Palestinian gunman from East Jerusalem open fire in a Yeshiva in West Jerusalem. A further 3 were injured by Palestinians in other incidents the West Bank. Additionally, an Israeli woman was injured when IDF soldiers opened fire at Palestinian, Israeli and international demonstrators at Bil’in village, Ramallah.
· 65 curfew hours were imposed on Palestinians living in the Nablus, Qalqiliya, Salfit and Bethlehem governorates. The majority (42 curfew hours) were imposed on ‘Azzun village, Qalqiliya, affecting 8,262 Palestinians.
· 29 Palestinian structures were demolished and a further 4 were damaged, resulting in the displacement of 73 Palestinians. This includes the IDF demolition of a two-storey building in Bethlehem (area A) housing the family of a wanted person.
· The IDF erected 86 flying checkpoints in the West Bank during the reporting period, of which the majority (25) were in the Qalqiliya and 18 were in the Hebron governorates.
· The IDF conducted 128 search operations, resulting in 153 arrests during the reporting period. A further 7 search operations resulting in 10 arrests were conducted by the Palestinian security forces.
· At about 0100 hours on 7 March, the Israeli authorities imposed total closure on the West Bank following the shooting of Israeli students at a Yeshiva (Jewish seminary) in West Jerusalem. This closure lasted 3 days from 7 – 9 March.