Follow UNISPAL Twitter RSS
Further, today, Israeli helicopter gunships once more fired rockets at locations in several Palestinian cities, including Nablus, Al-Bireh and Khan Yunis. Israeli tanks were also heavily deployed in the Gaza Strip and fired several times at the city of Rafah. These actions, coupled with several new statements by Israeli officials, indicate that Israel, the occupying Power, intends to even further escalate its attacks against the Palestinian population.
The international community cannot allow this Israeli military campaign of terror to continue. We reiterate our call to the international community and specifically to the Security Council to ensure compliance by Israel, the occupying Power, with Security Council resolution 1322 (2000) and resolution ES-10/7 of the tenth emergency special session of the General Assembly. We also reiterate the call to the Council to establish a United Nations protection force to be dispatched to the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including Jerusalem, with the aim of providing much-needed protection for the Palestinian civilian population.
I would be grateful if you would arrange to have the text of the present letter distributed as a document of the tenth emergency special session of the General Assembly, and of the Security Council.
1. Ahmad Abdel Kader Sebyitani
2. Ala’a Mohamed Al Jawabrah (14 years old) (died from wounds sustained earlier)
Friday, 27 October 2000
1. Ghasan Yussef Awaissa
2. Jabr Ahmad Almesshal (14 years old)
3. Basheer Saleh Shlewit (16 years old)
4. Ahmad Mohamad Khalil Kasem
5. Aziz Yussef Tanouh Alzeer (died from wounds sustained earlier)
Saturday, 28 October 2000
1. Abdel Rahim Hasan Besharat
Sunday, 29 October 2000
1. Samir Mousa Elewah
2. Shady Abdallah Hasan Alshouli
3. Esmat Khalil Alsaber
4. Husni Hasan Al Najar (14 years old)
5. Bilal Jamal Nimr Abu Salah
6. Hilal Jamal Nimr Abu Salah (twin of Bilal Abu Salah)
7. Fadi Amin Dabayeh (died from wounds sustained earlier)