UNRWA released its Annual Report of the Department of Health 2003
The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) published recently its Annual Report of the Department of Health for the year 2003, the report comprises of the following chapters:
1. Demographic and epidemiological profile of the Palestine refugee population.
2. Programme management.
3. Programme of emergency humanitarian assistance in the occupied Palestinian territory.
4. Medical care services.
5. Health protection and promotion.
6. Disease prevention and control.
7. Environmental health services.
For more information:
Demographic and Social Consequences of the Separation Barrier on WB (June28, 04)
PCBS has published lately a report on the effect of the Separation Barrier on the West Bank.
Some findings on its effect on health were:
· Reduced access to health services, for both patients and health personnel.
Health problems, including deaths, because of long waiting times (or closures) at gates and checkpoints.
· A total of 2,323 persons (402 families) had been displaced "due to the separation wall". This number of displaced households represents 0.8% of the population living in the affected areas.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please feel free to contact us at:
Health Inforum, c/o Italian Cooperation/ Sheikh Jarrah, East Jerusalem, Tel: 02 532 7447, Fax: 02 532 2904
Health Inforum, c/o WHO Jerusalem office/ Sheikh Jarrah, East Jerusalem, Tel: 02 5400 595, Fax: 02 581 0193
Health Inforum, c/o WHO, Gaza office, Al-Bayed building, Al-Halbi Str. Tel: 08-2822033, Fax: 02-2845409
Health Inforum posts daily news and announcements concerning health issues on its website: www.healthinforum.org.