Follow UNISPAL Twitter RSS
(SEE attached map. Map reference scale 1/50,000)*
SYRIAN-ISRAELI ARMISTICE DEMARCATION LINE
2. From MR 212.8 - 294.7, southward along the Wady Assal to “Marabout” Cheikh el Makhfi.
3. A line from “Marabout” Cheikh el Makhfi to “Marabout” Nabi Huda.
4. A line from Nabi Huda to MR 212.7 - 290.4.
5. From MR 212.7 - 290.4 to MR 212.4 - 290.2, thence southward along the Syrian-Palestinian border to point MR 211.0 - 276.8.
6. From MR 211.0 - 276.8 to a point on the Wady es Simadi, MR 210.9 - 276.7.
7. From MR 210.9 - 276.7, westward along the Wady es Simadi to intersection of trail MR 210.3 - 276.5.
8. Southward along trail to MR 209.9 - 272.6, by-passing Dardara to the east.
9. Westward to MR 209.7 - 272.6, a point on shoreline of Lake Hula.
10. Southward along shoreline to MR 209.2 - 271.7, mouth of Jordan River.
11. Northwest along western shoreline of Lake Hula to MR 208.5 - 272.9.
12. From MR 208.5 - 272.9, a line to MR 205.2 - 269.1.
13. From MR 205.2 - 269.1, a line to MR 208.8 - 265.0 on Jordan River.
14. Southward along Jordan River to MR 208.7 - 260.0
15. From MR 208.7 - 260.0, a line to MR 208.5 - 258.2.
16. From MR 208.5 - 258.2, a line to MR 207.0 - 257.0.
17. From MR 207.0 - 257.0, a line to MR 207.4 - 256.0.
18. From MR 207.4 - 256.0, southward along the Syrian-Palestinian border to BP 61, MR 210.6 - 246.3.
19. From BP 61, eastward along the Syrian-Palestinian border to BP 62.
20. From BP 62, southward along the Syrian-Palestinian border to BP 66, MR 211.7 - 240.1.
21. From BP 66, a line to a point on the eastern shoreline of Lake Tiberias, MR 209.6 - 239.0.
22. From MR 209.6 - 239.0, southward along shoreline of Lake Tiberias to MR 206.3 - 234.8.
23. From MR 206.3 - 234.8, southward to bend in road at MR 206.3 - 234.5, then southeast along the west bank of the railroad and the west side of the road to the Block House, MR 207.7 - 233.4.
24. From Block House, MR 207.7 - 233.4, a line along the road to the Yarmuk River, on the border, MR 209.5 - 232.2.
TO: Brigadier-General William E. Riley, U.S.M.C.,
Chief of Staff of the United Nations Truce
In connexion with the signing of the Israeli-Syrian General Armistice Agreement, I confirm that the two Parties are agreed that their forces shall not advance beyond the existing truce lines, as certified by the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization.
In the Samakh area Israeli troops shall be stationed in the Samakh Police Station, Sh’ar Hag Golan and Massada only.
In the Semakh area Israeli troops shall be stationed in the Samakh Police Station, Sha’ar Hag Golan and Massada only.
No military forces other than those defined in Annex IV will be authorized to remain or enter the area defined below:
(b) On the Israeli side, the area from the Israeli truce line to the north - south co-ordinate line 204, except that where the truce line is established in the Nishmar Bay Yarden salient, the defensive area shall be at a distance of six (6) kilometres west from this truce line.
(c) Villages which are crossed by the lines defining the defensive area shall be entirely included in the defensive area.
I. Land Forces
(b) Six (6) Cavalry Squadrons for Syrian forces, each squadron not to exceed 130 officers and enlisted men; and for Israeli, two (2) Reconnaissance Squadrons, each squadron composed of nine (9) jeeps, and three (3) half-tracks (not armoured), its personnel not to exceed one hundred twenty-five (125) officers and enlisted men.
(c) Three (3) Field Artillery Batteries, each Battery not to exceed 110 officers and enlisted men. Each battery to consist of four (4) guns of a caliber not to exceed 75 mm. And four (4) machine guns (M.M.G’s) not to exceed 8 mm.
(d) Service units to the above forces not to exceed one hundred (100) officers and enlisted men for supply purposes, not armed.
(e) One (1) engineer company not to exceed two hundred and fifty (250) officers and enlisted men.
In the areas where Defensive Forces only shall be allowed, the use of military aircraft shall be prohibited.
III. Naval Forces
No naval force shall be allowed in the Defensive Area.
IV. In the areas in which Defensive Forces only have to be maintained, the necessary reduction of forces shall be completed within twelve (12) weeks from the date on which this Agreement is signed.
V. No traffic restriction is imposed on the transport used for the carrying of defensive troops and supplies within the area of defensive forces.