Follow UNISPAL Twitter RSS
SUMMARY RECORD OF THE 1760th MEETING
Held at the Palais des Nations, Geneva,
on Monday, 31 July 2006, at 10 a.m.
Chairperson: Mr. de GOUTTES
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
1. The CHAIRPERSON declared open the sixty-ninth session of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. ...
7. On 5 and 6 July 2006, the Council had held a special session to consider the latest escalation of the situation in Palestine and other occupied Arab territories. It had adopted a resolution calling for an urgent fact-finding mission of the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the occupied Palestinian territories; the Israeli authorities had thus far not responded to a request submitted to that effect.
19. Mr. BRUNI (Treaty Implementation Team Leader), replying to the question on action taken in respect of the current situation in the Middle East, said that the President of the Human Rights Council was engaged in efforts to implement the resolution concerning a fact-finding mission to the occupied Palestinian territories. The Committee would be informed of any progress in that regard.
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA (item 1 of the provisional agenda) (CERD/C/69/1)
31. The CHAIRPERSON invited the Committee to adopt the provisional agenda (CERD/C/69/1), as orally amended.
32. The agenda, as orally amended, was adopted.
The meeting was suspended at 11.40 a.m. and resumed at 1 p.m.