Palestine Day in Beirut
05 DECEMBER 2016
It featured five components:
• “The Long Journey” a photo exhibit by UNRWA;
• “Moments of Awareness” infographs by Visualizing Palestine;
• “Lives under Siege” photos from Gaza provided by The Union of Arab Photographers;
• “Inspired Moments” installations by Abdul Rahman Katanani;
• “Embroidered Moments” handicrafts by Palestinian refugees in Lebanon.
On Wednesday 30 November, a talk on the “Endless Wounds of Gaza” was held at the American University of Beirut (AUB), with the participation of Dr. Mads Gilbert and Dr. Ghassan Abu Sitta, who have provided medical care in Gaza, to discuss life and health conditions in the Strip. The discussion was organised by ESCWA, the Conflict Medicine Program at AUB, and the AUB Palestinian Cultural Club (PCC).