Purposes of The Advance Party’s Visit.
1. To consult with appropriate officials regarding physical arrangements for the arrival of the Commission (accommodation, transportation, supplies, etc.)
2. To consult with Palestine Government officials regarding the food situation.
3. To make a quick preliminary study of urgent fiscal problems. (Budget for 1948-49, collection of revenue, etc.)
4. To consult with Government officials regarding the administration of currency controls.
5. To make a preliminary study of the structure of the Palestine Administration and of present administrative practices.
6. To consult with appropriate officials regarding the organization and functioning of public utilities (railways, postal services, telephone and telegraph, etc.).
7. To make a preliminary estimate of the number of present government employees who should be willing to serve under the Commission.
8. To consult with the Palestine Police on all police matters.
9. To make preliminary contacts with prominent organizations and individuals.
10. To consult with British military officials on the security situation.
11. To consult with British military officials on the details of their plans for withdrawal.
12. To consult with the Commanding Officer regarding the extent of the authority to be entrusted to Area Commanders after the termination of the Mandate.
13. To consult with appropriate officials regarding existing health facilities.
14. To consult with Jewish organizations regarding their ability to provide adequate facilities for the entry of large numbers of immigrants.
15. To consult with appropriate officials on problems of local self-government.
16. To report to the Commission on the state of public opinion and on the general political situation.
Document in PDF format