Follow UNISPAL Twitter RSS
PROVISIONAL VERBATIM RECORD OF THE SECOND MEETING
Held at Headquarters, New York,
on Friday, 29 January 1982, at 11:40 a.m.
President: Mr. Ismat T. KITTANI (Iraq)
ITEM 1 OF THE PROVISIONAL AGENDA
Opening of the session by the President of the General Assembly
Minute of silent prayer or meditation
4. If there is no objection, I shall take it that the General Assembly will proceed in accordance with that rule.
5. The PRESIDENT: I am certain that I can rely, as I did during the regular session, on the assistance of the Vice-Presidents in the exercise of my duties during the present session.
expenses of the United Nations
6. The PRESIDENT: Before we proceed to the next item, I should like, in keeping with established practice, to invite the attention of the General Assembly to the letter dated 29 January 1982 addressed to me by the Secretary-General [A/ES-9/3], informing the Assembly that four Member States are in arrears in the payment of their financial contributions to the United Nations under the terms of Article 19 of the Charter.
Credentials of representatives to the ninth emergency
special session of the General Assembly
(a) Appointment of the members of the Credentials Committee
2. With a view to expediting the work of the emergency special session and in accordance with precedents, it might be appropriate if the Credentials Committee were to consist of those members which served during the thirty-sixth session, namely: China, Ghana, Netherlands, Niger, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and United States of America. If there is no objection, I shall consider the Credentials Committee constituted accordingly.
It was so decided (ES-9/11).
3. The PRESIDENT: I should like to point out that, in connection with the credentials, the Secretary-General, in his note convening this emergency special session, indicated that credentials of those representatives who are not already authorized to represent their Governments at all sessions of the General Assembly should be issued in accordance with rule 27 of the rules of procedure and may be presented by cable.
ITEM 4 OF THE PROVISIONAL AGENDA
Adoption of the agenda
The agenda was adopted.