Question of Palestine home
Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
7 November 2006
Protection of Civilians – Weekly Briefing Notes
1 - 7 November 2006
Of note this week
- 68 Palestinians were killed and 182 injured throughout the oPt, including 8 children and 6 women. One Israeli soldier was killed and two others injured. The vast majority of the casualties were in the Gaza Strip.
- One international activist was injured in Bil’in by IDF soldiers and one Israeli was injured in the Western Negev by a home-made rocket fired from the Gaza Strip.
- 22 Palestinian structures were destroyed and 175 damaged, mostly in the Gaza Strip.
- Most PA employees in the West Bank continued a general open-ended strike in protest against the non-payment of their monthly salaries since March 2006, although teachers agreed to suspend the strike.
- OCHA field offices recorded eight incidents where the IDF or Israeli settlers harassed or created disruptions for Palestinians picking olives.
Complete document in PDF format