NGO ACTION NEWS
5 August 2016
· From 5 August to 3 September, P2 Gallery is holding an exhibition Chapter 31 in London. The exhibition is a journey into the future of Palestine in film, sculpture, installation, collage, painting and performance. It includes the work of Abdulrahman Katanani, Alaa Abu Asad, Amjad Ghannam, Anas Al-Barbawari, Ayham Jabr, Basma Alsharif, Dirar Kalash, Hani Amra, Leopold Lambert, METASITU Collective, Noor Abuarafeh, Rafat Asad, Samah Hijawi, Shada Safadi, Wafa Hourani and Yazan Khalili.
· Haringey Palestine Solidarity Campaign is holding a community event “Palestine is People" in London on 14 August featuring talks, films, food, dance workshops music and photography. Films will include SkatePal, a film about a charity providing skateboarding facilities and lessons in Palestine, alongside Slingshot Hip Hop, a moving documentary about the development of hip-hop music in Palestine and how young Palestinians have used music to overcome adversity.
· Palestine Solidarity Campaign is screening The Chronotopes of Palestine in London on 18 August. It is a series of five short films, which explore the relationship between memory and place in the context of the ongoing Palestinian dispossession through the memories of three generations of families in Poland and the UK. The screening will be followed by a discussion with Dr Yasmin Gunaratnam, the film’s director, and Senior Lecturer in Sociology and Dominika Blachnicka-Ciacek a visual sociologist and an Associate Lecturer at Goldsmiths College as well as the protagonists of the film, Alina Palichleb and Antoine Raffoul.
· On 4 August, the Committee on the Exercise of The Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People held its meeting at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. Press releases are available in English and French. The Committee also approved two requests for accreditation from non-governmental organizations “Institute for Middle East Studies – Canada” (Canada) and “Progressive Center for Equality, Symbiosis and Solidarity” (India).
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.