NGO ACTION NEWS
15 July 2015
· The Palestine Solidarity Campaign organised on 10 July the Downing Street Vigil for Gaza's lost children and other Palestinians killed in Israel’s war last summer.
· The Palestine Solidarity Campaign will hold on 23 July a fundraising dinner event in London. The event will be attended by high-profile speakers including Prof Manuel Hassassian, Palestine’s Ambassador to the UK; Diane Abbott, Labour MP; Salim Alam, PSC and Diana Neslen, Jews for Justice for Palestinians and by Ajmal Masroor who will make an appeal.
· The Palestine Solidarity Campaign is organising several book-launching events for Max Blumenthal’s new book, ’The 51 Day War: Resistance and Ruin in Gaza’ in the United Kingdom.
· In remembrance of last year’s war in Gaza, the Palestine Solidarity Campaign on 22 July will screen in Slow in the UK the movie “Where Should The Birds Fly?” by Fida Qishta.
· The Israel Palestine Working Group held on 13 July a Chatham House rules meeting with Kirsten Hagon, Oxfam and discussed AIDA’s report on Gaza “Charting a New Course."
· A concert and book tour for CHILDREN OF THE STONE/DAL’OUNA took place on 9 July in New York featuring the powerful Palestinian composer and world musician Ramzi Aburedwan, his Arabic-French Dal’Ouna Ensemble and author Sandy Tolan who read excerpts from the book.
· On 2 July, War on Want, Campaign Against Arms Trade and Palestine Solidarity Campaign released the report entitled “Arming Apartheid: UK complicity in Israel’s crimes against the Palestinian people”.
· On 7 July, Amnesty International and Forensic Architecture have launched an investigative online tool mapping Israeli attacks in Gaza during the conflict of July and August 2014.
· The Rand Corporation published a research report on costs of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.