NGO ACTION NEWS
· On 8 June, The Jerusalem Fund is screening in Washington D.C. the documentary “Roshmia” which follows an elderly Palestinian couple in their stand-off with Israeli authorities to keep their home. The event is part of its annual Summer Film Series (1 to 17 June).
· On 7 June, West Midlands Palestine Solidarity Campaign is holding a talk in Wolverhampton, UK, with Marwan Darweish, author of the book “Popular Protest in Palestine” which examines the role of the unarmed civil resistance movement in the Palestinian liberation struggle.
· On 10 June, the Comité pour une Paix Juste au Proche Orient is organizing in Luxembourg an afternoon of testimonies with participants in a study trip to Israel and Palestine in April 2016.
· On 13 June, Gate 48, a platform for Israelis living in the Netherlands who oppose the occupation of the Palestinian territories is organizing a seminar on “Viral Occupation, Israeli military rule and the smartphone camera” in Amsterdam with Dr. Rebecca Stein, whose research deals with the way new communications technologies influence life under occupation.
· On 16 June, the Comité pour une Paix Juste au Proche Orient is organizing a panel discussion in Luxembourg about Palestinian refugees.
· On 29 and 30 June, the UN Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People will be organizing the United Nations International Conference in Support of Israeli-Palestinian Peace at the United Nations Office at Geneva.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.