NGO ACTION NEWS
· On 18 June, Palestine Solidarity Campaign is organizing a lecture in London on the subject “Palestine and the EU”. PSC’s interim Director Sara Apps will analyse the history and politics of the EU, focusing on its relationship with Palestine and Palestinian human rights.
· On 18 June, Association France Palestine Solidarité and Institut de Recherche et d’Études Mediterranée Moyen-Orient are promoting a Palestinian cultural evening with poetry, dance, music and calligraphy in Corbeil-Essonnes, France.
· On 21 June, Caabu and Zaytoun are organizing a briefing at the Arab British Centre in London with Mamoun Derra, a Palestinian farmer, to discuss the challenges facing Palestinian farmers under occupation in the Jordan Valley.
· On 30 June, Association France Palestine Solidarité and other NGOs are screening in Saint-Max, France, the film “This is My Land”, which addresses the critical role of education in building peace between Israelis and Palestinians.
· On 8 July, Palestine Solidarity Campaign is organizing a rally in London to demand that Israel ends its siege on Gaza and that the UK ends its arms trade with Israel.
· On 29 and 30 June, the Palestinian Rights Committee will convene the United Nations International Conference in Support of Israeli-Palestinian Peace at the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG). Livestream will be available here. To join the debate, tune in to the livestream and follow the conversation on social media, using #IsrPalpeace. You can tweet questions @UNISPAL and follow live on Facebook. To register, send an email before 26 June to email@example.com.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.