NGO ACTION NEWS
· On 29 April, the Jerusalem Fund at the George Washington University will co-sponsor an event “The time that is lost: Cinematic Aporias of Palestine” with Kamran Rastegar, an Associate Professor of Arabic and Comparative Literature at Tufts University.
· On 3 May, Palestine Centre in Washington D.C. will host an event “Whither the Children of the Stone? An Entire Life under Occupation” with Dr. Brien Barber, Founding Director of the Center for the Study of Youth and Political Conflict at the University of Tennessee.
· On 4 and 6 May gallery Al-Quds in Washington D.C. is organizing an exhibition: “Nakba Never Forgotten”.
· On 6 May, Palestine Centre in Washington D.C. is hosting a 2016 Hisham Sharabi Memorial Lecture: “Palestinian Education for the 21st Century” with Dr. Fouad Moughrabi.
· On 2 May in Dublin, the New Theatre will present the performance “The Olive tree”, which explores the struggles of Palestine, by Katie O’Kelly (Stage UK nominee for Best Solo Performance).
· On 21 May, acclaimed Palestinian refugee poet Rafeef Ziadah will present poetry and music on the themes of exile, dispossession and resistance at the Bell Table Arts Centre in Dublin.
· On 19 May in Amsterdam, “Gate 48” is organizing a public discussion “The Permanent occupation: 50 years of the state of exception in Israel/Palestine” with invited discussant Hagai El-Ad, executive director of B’Tselem.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.