NGO ACTION NEWS
· On 9 July, Az Theatre in London is showing the latest performance and video work produced by young creatives working with Theatre for Everybody in Gaza.
· On 14 July, Cambridge City Amnesty group is organizing a talk with Chris Rose from the Amos Trust, a non-profit organization supporting grass-root projects in Palestine, speak about how ideals for justice can translate into practical action.
· On 19 July, EuroPal Forum is organizing a seminar attended by a delegation of MPs from Arab and Muslim countries to the UK. The panel includes Grahame Morris, Chair of Labour Friends of Palestine and the Middle East; Haneen Al Zoubi, Palestinian Arab Member of the Israeli Knesset; Baroness Tonge, Liberal Democrats Member of the House of Lords, and; Mohd Rafizi Ramli, Member of the Parliament of Malaysia.
· On 26 June, the Prisoners Support and Human Rights Association (Addameer) issued a factsheet titled "Induced Desperation: The Psychological Torture of Administrative Detention," addressing how administrative detention constitutes an act of mental suffering inflicted by Israeli forces as a form of punishment, intimidation, or coercion, as defined by the Convention Against Torture.
· On 3 July, Women’s Centre for Legal Aid and Counselling (WCLAC) lodged a follow-up submission with the UN concerning the impact that Israeli military night raids have on Palestinian women and families in the West Bank.
· The Jerusalem Fund for Education and Community Development is organizing a presentation entitled “Cultural and Educational Development: A Pathway to Resilience and Hope” to shed light on the experience of the prominent A. M. Qattan Foundation, an independent, not-profit developmental organisation working in the fields of culture and education, with a particular focus on children, teachers and young artists. Mr Ziad Khalaf, the project and consultant engineer, who led the launching of the foundation, will be presenting.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.