NGO ACTION NEWS
The United States of America
· On 17 April J Street’s National Gala brought together over a thousand supporters. US Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State John Kerry and Member of Knesset Stav Sharrif delivered remarks.
· On 20 April in Washington D.C. New America organized a conversation with Raji Sourani on Law under Occupation: Pursuing Implementation of Human Rights Standards and Accountability in Palestine.
· On 22 April in Atlanta Georgia, “Hands for Justice in Israel-Palestine” is organizing an Israel-Palestine annual fundraiser.
· On 23 April, in Raleigh, North Carolina, Palestinian Children’s Relief Fund (PCRF) is organizing a run to raise US $ 4, 000 and to improve care, quality of life and survival rates of the children of Palestine and the Middle East.
· On 24 April, in Dublin, the Island Palestine Solidarity Campaign will participate in the march “Reclaim the Vision of 1916”, to honour the women and men who struggled for Ireland’s independence.
· On 20 May, CAABU hosted an event with Marwan Darweish on popular unarmed resistance in Palestine.
· On 21 May in Ireland, acclaimed Palestinian refugee poet, Rafeef Ziadah presented poetry and music on the themes of exile, dispossession and resistance.
· On 27 April at 10:00 a.m. at the ECOSOC Chamber, UNHQ, the Working Group of the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of Palestinian People is organizing an open briefing to raise awareness of the situation of detained children and youth in the occupied Palestinian territory. The invited expert speakers are Ms. Sahar Francis, Director of Addameer Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association and Mr. Khaled Quzmar, General Director of Defence for Children International-Palestine. The open briefing will be moderated by Ms. Sarah Leah Whitson, Executive Director of Human Rights Watch's MENA Division.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.