NGO ACTION NEWS
· A petition in support of the October 2016 UNESCO resolution on Jerusalem has been posted on the change.org website.
· As part of its Facts on the Ground campaign focusing on Israel’s extraction of natural resources in the OPT, on 9 November, Al Haq posted an article entitled “Time for Palestinian Natural Resources to be in the Hands of the Palestinian People”.
· Warning that “thousands of Area C Residents Face Expulsion” and calling to share the information in order to prevent it, on 9 November, the Israeli NGO B’Tselem reported attempts by the Israeli administration to force the displacement of residents in the northern Jordan Valley.
· To mark the UN International Solidarity Day with the Palestinian People, on 26 November, the Belgian Palestine Solidarity movement is hosting a colloquium entitled “Palestinians: Prisoners of the Occupation” with B’Tselem Research Director Kareem Joubran and Palestinian National Initiative party leader Mustapha Barghouti.
· On 25 October, the Palestine Return Centre in London hosted the launch of the “Balfour [declaration] Apology Campaign” inside the House Lords, seeking official acknowledgement of Palestinian suffering.
· Showcasing “The Gaza Kitchen” cookbook issued by Just World Books, from October 2016 to February 2017, Just World Education will work with university departments and community groups across the US to raise awareness about food insecurity in Gaza. As part of the Gaza Food System Education Project, seminars will provide participants with the opportunity to discuss the issues via Skype with experts from Gaza.
· On 30 November, the Jerusalem Fund in Washington will host a talk entitled “Living in Limbo: East Jerusalem’s Neighbourhoods behind the Separation Barrier” with legal expert Moien Odeh, Visiting Scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Centre for Scholars.
· On 8 December, Americans United for Palestinian Human Rights (AUPHR) and Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP) are sponsoring in Portland a dinner event to benefit the American Near East Refugee Aid (ANERA) organization.
· From 1 to 8 December, the Jewish Community Centre (JCC) Manhattan in New York will host the The Other Israel Film Festival.
· To mark the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, on 17 November, the University of Externado and the Palestinian Diplomatic Mission to Colombia are organizing in Bogotá a colloquium entitled “General Overview of the Human Rights Situation in Palestine: Perspectives from the International Community and Academia”. Speakers will include Colombian and Spanish academics as well as Randa Siniora, General Director of the Women´s Center for Legal Aid and Counseling in Ramallah.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.