NGO ACTION NEWS
· On 31 March, in Cincinnati, Ohio, The Palestine Solidarity Coalition organized an event “Teach-In on Palestine- US involvement”.
· On 1 April in Massachusetts, the Wellesley College Arab Women Association is organizing a “Global Tea: Palestine 101” in collaboration with Students for Justice in Palestine.
· On 1 April in Louisville, Kentucky Students for Justice in Palestine are organizing an event “Our struggles unite” where community members and activists will draw on poetry by Palestinian authors or bring their own work inspired by Palestine.
· On 22 April, Filmmaker Mai Masri will present a talk about her latest award-winning feature film “3000 Nights” that will be screened at the DC International Film Festival.
· In Dublin on 30 March at the Trinity College, The Ireland Palestinian Solidarity Campaign organized an event “Refugee Voice in Ireland: Displacement, Exile and Hope”.
· On 5 April, the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign in UK is organizing a public meeting “Israeli Settler Violence” where eyewitnesses will speak about their tour of the West Bank and settler violence.
· On 13 April in Dublin, the Maybooth University Department of Geography together with the Social Justice Research Cluster will present a panel discussion on “Empire and Extra-Territorial Violence in Palestine”.
· The Vision Project at UNRWA’s Al-Nour Centre for the Visually Impaired in Gaza City brings state of the art “text to voice” technology to low-vision and blind students and teachers in UNRWA schools.
· The Working Group of the UN Palestinian Rights Committee will be screening the film “Giraffada” by Palestinian director Rani Massalha on Thursday, 7 April, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. at the Trusteeship Council Chamber, United Nations Headquarters in New York, followed by a Q&A with the director.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.