NGO ACTION NEWS
· On 14 March, the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) called on the international community to advocate with the Israeli authorities for the re-opening of the Maps and Survey Department of the Arab Studies Society in East Jerusalem and the release of its director, Mr. Khalil Toufakji, reportedly arrested by Israel Police during a raid of the office.
· On 28 February, BADIL – Resource Centre for Palestinian Residency and Refugee issued a report entitled “Coercive Environments: Israel’s Forcible Transfer of Palestinians in the Occupied Territory”.
· To mark multiple anniversaries in 2017, the European Coordination of Committees and Associations for Palestine issued a call (“Justice for Palestine now – end European complicity”), stating that a sustainable peace will only be achieved through enforcement of international law.
· On 13 April, the Jerusalem Fund in Washington, D.C. is hosting the screening of an interactive documentary entitled “Jerusalem, We Are Here”. Film director and producer Dorit Naaman will introduce the film.
· On 9 March, Churches for Middle East Peace held a webinar with Tania Hary, Executive Director of the Gisha-Legal Centre for Freedom of Movement, entitled “Hand on the Switch: A Conversation about Gaza”.
· On 8 March, Palestine Legal and the Centre for Constitutional Rights issued a statement criticizing the passage of three anti-BDS bills by the New York State Senate as unconstitutional attacks on First Amendment rights to protest and dissent.
· From 31 March to 2 April, Jewish Voice for Peace will hold its 2017 National Member Meeting in Chicago.
· On 12 March, Al Shabaka-Palestinian Policy Network issued a brief entitled “How Israel Uses Gas to Enforce Palestinian Dependency and Promote Normalization”.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.