NGO ACTION NEWS
· On 30 June, Palestinian Cultural Organization Malaysia (PCOM) organized the 6th Annual Grand Iftar with the Palestinian community in Malaysia. Contributions for Gaza reconstruction were collected and a briefing on the situation in the occupied Palestinian territory was given.
· On 15 July, Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign organised a talk with historian and Alternative Tourism Group coordinator Ayman Abu Alzulof who gave an account of the everyday life under occupation in Palestine and the importance of alternative tourism in Palestine. The Alternative Tourism Group is a Palestinian NGO based in Beit Sahour (near Bethlehem).
· From 13 to 17 July, Rozana Association for the Development of Architectural Heritage is holding its 8th Birzeit Heritage Week in Birzeit city in the West Bank. Birzeit Heritage Week is an annual week of activities and exhibits to display and promote the rich culture of Palestine.
· On 14 July, the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights issued its weekly report on human rights violations committed in the occupied Palestinian territory between 30 June and 13 July 2016.
· Videos of the United Nations International Conference in support of Israeli-Palestinian Peace held in Geneva on 29 and 30 June have been published on YouTube. More than 30 civil society organizations participated and made statements.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.