NGO ACTION NEWS
· On 22 September, the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign Thailand is holding a general meeting in Bangkok.
· On 11 October, the Jerusalem Fund is holding a panel discussion “Against Israel’s Colonial Tide: Palestinian Initiatives to Shape Their Future” in Washington, D.C. The three panellists Nur Arafeh, Tareq Baconi and Nadia Hijab are all contributors to Al Shabaka: The Palestinian Policy Network.
· On 13 September, Palestinian Solidarity Campaign is holding a talk No Way to Treat a Child in Worcester, England. The speakers are volunteers with Defence for Children International. They will talk about the training programme Teach Recovery Techniques which helps Palestinian children affected by violence and instability in Hebron.
· From 12 to 14 September Women’s Boat to Gaza vessels Amal (Hope) and Zaytouna (Olive) will dock in the Port of Barcelona, where various events including concerts, public talks, workshops, shows and visits to the boats will take place as a farewell for the Freedom Flotilla.
· On 15 September, Palestine Solidarity Campaign is holding a talk Contesting the Visualization of Gaza in Manchester. Anandi Ramamurthy will contrast the visual representation of “Operation Protective Edge” in mainstream media to that by Palestinians and their supporters on social media and at public demonstrations. Anandi Ramamurthy is a Senior Lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University.
· On 21 September, Newcastle Palestinian Solidarity Campaign is holding a talk and Q&A with Israeli conscientious objector Sahar Vardi in Manchester.
· From 7 to 9 October, Lichfield Cathedral will be hosting a conference on the conflict and occupation in Israel/Palestine and the prospect of peace in the region. There will be a series of keynote speakers and related book sales.
· The UN Non-Governmental Liaison Service (NGLS) is inviting NGOs to post information about their side events related the UN Summit for Refugees and Migrants on 19 September here.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.