NGO ACTION NEWS
NGO ACTION NEWS
· On 30 November, the Gaza Community Mental Health Programme reported about a five-day training course for child psychologists ("Mental Health for Children"), conducted with support from War Child Holland. To mark World Day for Prevention of Child Abuse on 19 November, the Gaza Community Mental Health Programme had earlier organized a workshop addressing the psychological impact of the 2014 Gaza war on children.
· According to information published by Addameer on 30 November, between 1 January and 30 November 2016, a total of 1586 administrative detention orders had been issued, among them 588 new orders and 998 renewed orders.
· On 29 November, Peace Now issued a new report (“The Grand Land Robbery: Another Step toward Annexation”) analyzing the potential political implications of a bill that, if passed in the Israeli Knesset, would retroactively legalize settlement outposts.
· On 23 November, Aid Watch Palestine organized in Ramallah a photo exhibit entitled “Gaza Incomplete” raising awareness of failed reconstruction efforts in Gaza since the 2014 war.
· Kairos Palestine released a 2016 Christmas Alert calling attention to the plight of the Palestinian children.
· To mark the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian people in Vancouver, on 2 December, the Canada Palestine Association Vancouver will be hosting a screening of the film “Occupation of the American Mind”.
· On 30 November, Al-Shabaka – The Palestinian Policy Network posted a new policy brief by Nur Arafeh entitled “Economic Collapse in East Jerusalem: Strategies for Recovery”, focusing on tourism and commercial markets of the Old City.
· On 23 November, a webinar covering prospects for Israeli-Palestinian peace in President Obama's remaining months in office was held in Washington DC. Rev. Mae Cannon (Churches for Middle East Peace), led the discussion with Lara Friedman (Americans for Peace Now), Matthew Duss (Foundation for Middle East Peace) and Dr. James Zogby (Arab American Institute) which can be viewed online at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzhIte6cyKg
· On 29 November the UN observed the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. Ms. Suhad Babaa of Just Vision spoke on behalf of civil society at the special meeting of the UN Palestinian Rights Committee in New York.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.