NGO ACTION NEWS
NGO Action News
12 February 2016
· An American-Palestinian poet and writer Remi Kenazi is visiting the UK from 9 to 20 February to promote the release of his new collection “Before the Next Bomb Drops: Rising up from Brooklyn to Palestine”.
· On 9 February, the Ireland-Palestine Solidarity Campaign officially launched a campaign by pledging General Election candidates to support justice for Palestine in the 2016 Irish General Election.
· The Contemporary art gallery “Mosaic rooms” in London on 11 February launched an event: “Possible and Imaginary Lives” by Yasmine Eid-Sabbagh who is discussing book and installation project of four Palestinian-Lebanese sisters exiled in different places across the globe.
· On 15 February, Ipswich film theatre of London will screen the film “Open Bethlehem” by movie director Leila Sansour.
· Rashid Khudairi, Palestinian co-ordinator of Jordan Valley Solidarity network of Palestinian communities is visiting UK from 17 to 26 February in the framework of his campaign “to exist is to resist”.
· Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign is organizing a tour in Palestine “Journey for Justice – Palestine 2016” for youth all over the world from age range 17 to 25.
United States of America
· On 9 February, Students for Justice in Palestine at Cleveland State University hosted an event “the Palestinian exception to free Speech” by guest speaker Omar Shakir.
· On 11 February, the Church of the Holy Apostles in New York screened a short documentary “Detaining Dreams”, a story of four Palestinian children from the West Bank who are undergoing the ordeal of an Israeli military detention.
· On 8 February, the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights filed two complaints to the UN Special rapporteur on torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment and to the Working Group on Arbitrary Detention, concerning journalist Mohammed Osama al-Qeeq held by Israeli forces. In parallel, PCHR through social media started an advocacy campaign “Lighting Gaza”. Furthermore, the centre published its weekly report (4 -10 February 2016) on “Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory”.
· On 8 February, UNRWA’s Qalqilya based Girls’ School was inaugurated by the Islamic Development Bank (IDP) and the Agency.
· On 9 February, Mr. Nickolay Mladenov, the UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process issued a statement on Palestinian unity talks, emphasizing full support by the UN to advance genuine Palestinian reconciliation in line with non-violence, democracy and the PLO principles.
· On 8 February, OCHA published its weekly (2-8 February) Protection of Civilians report highlighting developments and incidents in the Occupied Palestinian Territory.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.