NGO ACTION NEWS
29 July 2016
· On 11 August, Canadian Friends for Sabeel and Freedom Flotilla Coalition will hold a conference titled “Palestinians under Apartheid, Occupation and Siege” with three Christian and Muslim Palestinian speakers, Basel Ghattas (Member of Knesset), Nora Carmi, Zakariah Odeh (Civic Coalition for Palestinian Rights in Jerusalem), discussing their personal experiences living as Palestinians citizens of Israel.
· On 14 August, Americans United for Palestinian Human Rights will hold a rally/vigil with poetry and music, in Portland, to commemorate 2 years after the 2014 Israeli war on Gaza.
· On 25 September, Ottawa Run for Palestine will hold their second annual run in Ottawa to raise money for the UNRWA’s Community Mental Health Programme for Palestinian children.
· On 27 July, B’tselem published a report stating that Israel demolished more Palestinian homes in the West Bank in first half of 2016 than in all 2015. The report was presented at the Knesset at a conference on Israel’s Policy of Palestinian home demolition in Area C.
· On 30 July, the Democratic Union of Moroccan Youth will hold a vigil, in Rabat, in solidarity with Bilal Kayed and all Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons. Kayed has been on hunger strike since 15 June after the expiration of his 14.5 year prison sentence.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.