NGO ACTION NEWS
· On 2- 4 October the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies, University of Exeter, UK presented the Conference on Settler Colonialism in Palestine . Among the speakers were historian Ilan Pappe, Marcelo Svirsky (University of Wollogong, Australia), and Lorenzo Veracini (Swinburne University of Technology, Australia)
· On 6 October, the Annual UK Conservative Party Conference 2015 will hold a side event in association with Palestine Solidarity Campaign on 'A just policy for Palestine?' The discussion will highlight a political way forward, focusing on the use of economic solutions and diplomacy as tools to resolve the conflict. The panel will include the participation of Tania Mathias (MP for Twickenham), Kamel Hawwas (Vice Chair of Palestine Solidarity Campaign), and Arthur Goodman (Jews for Justice for Palestinians).
· On 17 – 18 October the School of Oriental and African StudiesStudent’s Union UK will hold the Palestine Society 10th Annual Conference: Settlers And Citizens: A Critical View Of Israeli Society. The conference aims to highlight the continuities in Israeli politics both between different segments of Israeli society as well as between different epochs of the state’s existence.. The Conference will have the participation of Nadim Rouhana (The Fletcher School), Ismael Abu Saad (Ben Gurion University), and Ilan Pappe (University of Exeter), among others.
· On 1 October, the World Council of Churches UN Office and the Israel-Palestine NGO Working Group at the United Nations held a meeting with Ms. Shadia Sbait, Palestinian Activist and Founder of Iqrit Community Association on “An example of non-violent popular and legal struggle for justice and the right to return home (Palestine-Israel) “ in New York.
· On 6 October the Centre for Palestine Studies will present the conversation “Palestine and the Limits of Academic Freedom” with Steven Salaita and Rashid Khalidi. They will discuss academic freedom, free speech on campus, and the movement for justice in Palestine.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.